Tips For Ensuring Garage Door Safety and Security
Garage doors are major components of your home that you should never take for granted, as they can be a hazard if not maintained properly. It’s important to regularly inspect and service garage doors to ensure their proper functioning and the safety of those who use them.
To keep everyone safe, adhere to these simple garage door safety rules:
- Always keep the garage door in sight when it’s in use, and make sure that no one is underneath or near it while being operated.
- Make sure your remote control battery is always charged to avoid potential malfunctions due to a low battery. Keep the remote away from children and pets so that they don’t accidentally press the buttons.
- Make sure all the moving parts are lubricated regularly to keep them operating smoothly and avoid unnecessary wear and tear.
- If there’s an obstruction in the door way, use the manual override feature to lower the door and remove the obstruction. Never attempt to force it open.
- Always visually inspect your garage door regularly. If you notice anything unusual, such as dents, rusting, or loose screws, immediately contact a professional to inspect it further.
Taking the necessary steps to ensure your garage door is properly maintained will help keep those around you safe and prevent costly repairs due to neglect or misuse.
There you have it, five easy steps that will help ensure your garage door is safe. Keep these safety rules in mind and you can enjoy the convenience and security of your garage door for many years to come.