5 Ways to Secure Your Garage Door Against Intruders
When it comes to home security, your garage door may not be the first thing you think about protecting, but it can be a vulnerable entry point for intruders. Taking a few simple steps to secure your garage door can provide an extra layer of protection and peace of mind that your home is safer. Here are five ways you can secure your garage door against intruders.
- Use a sturdy deadbolt lock on the door leading from your home to the garage. A good-quality deadbolt with a long throw bolt is an effective deterrent, as it makes it difficult for someone to gain access through that entry point.
- Install an automatic opener that includes secure rolling code technology. This technology changes the access code each time the garage door opens and closes, making it virtually impossible for intruders to crack your security system.
- Install a motion-sensor floodlight or camera on the outside of your garage. Not only will this provide extra illumination around the perimeter, but it can also serve as a visible deterrent.
- Update your garage door’s security features with an opener that is compatible with an alarm system, or one that allows you to control it remotely from a smartphone or other device. This will allow you to keep an eye on your property and monitor any suspicious activity around the garage.
- Make sure the door between your home and the garage is well-insulated. This helps reduce sound transfer from outside, which can alert potential intruders to activity in the house or garage.
By following these steps you can ensure that your garage door is as secure as possible against intruders and help protect your home. With these five steps, you can make sure your garage door is as secure as possible against intruders and help protect your family.